Over the course of the program, Pioneer will provide at least four different trainings to assist students at various stages in their research.
Example training topics would include:
• Tips on relationship-building with professors
• How to interact with a diverse group, especially in an online format
• Good research practices
• How to evaluate the credibility of citations
• How to write a research proposal, thesis statement, and effective paper outline
• How to cite sources and write a bibliography
• How to avoid plagiarism
Each student in the program will be designated with a program coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the student throughout the process.
College admissions officer dialogue:
Pioneer offers students opportunities to meet with admissions officers from top schools in the United States so that
1) Pioneer scholars can better understand the schools they are considering applying to
2) The schools can better understand what Pioneer scholars have accomplished.
Did you know that?
Pioneer faculty teach at 15 universities and colleges across the US